Friday, May 20, 2016

Just Open the Bottle of Water and Drink!

We encounter different characters, at times the same person with different personalities, at work and life. Just when you think life is not rocket science, we are proven wrong by different people in different ways. A funny take on this – what happens when you ask people to open a bottle of water and drink?
 
Bottle of Water
 
What? Bottle of Water? Oh Crap!
These are the ones who hate change. Anything new puts them in a state of paranoia. Whether it’s a sudden switch from eating a veg sandwich to a cheese one, or from working on data analysis to a profit and loss analysis. While many around will be thinking, “it’s just a bottle filled with water” they will think: “Come on, it’s a BOTTLE! And it has water in it…and I HAVE TO DRINK IT! I am going to faint!”

What? Bottle of WATER? I Need Scotch!
Who likes what’s offered? They definitely don’t. These are the ones who can never accept things as they are. Does that come from a sense of pride or a sense of achievement? Something we will never figure out. While many around will still be thinking, “it’s just a bottle of water” they will think: “Come on! I need more, give me something better!”

YES! Bottle of WATER. Time to Prove That I’m a Genius!
These ones are amazing. Everything revolves around overdoing things. Chaddi utarana ho to bhi ek dam style se – but who is looking? This definitely comes from the herd mentality where people feel that a lot of noise is going to fetch them rewards. Sadly, it does! “I will first clean the bottle, take 4 photos, take a selfie while I am drinking the water. I am so proud of myself!”

Meh..Isn’t the Genius Free?
Well, they get bored. Anything lame puts them off. They don’t care about the rewards or awards or failure or success – they look for things that are exciting. What they think is: “I will drink water when I am thirsty. Please pass the buck to someone else…” Given a chance they will not bother to get out of bed. People call it laziness but they call it Meh!

Bottle! I Opened and Poured It on My Head. What’s Wrong?
No instruction is a simple one. It takes years of practice and diligence to get every instruction wrong – no matter how simple they are. Some overdo and some overthink, these ones are a deadly combination of both. The cherry on top is that they think they are right. “Well, I drank water while it was trickling down from my head!”

Bottle! Bottle! Come, Come, Come.. We Are a Team!
How do you complicate a simple task that one person can do into a task that will drain everyone around you and change the entire scope of work? So, they call a “jhund”, hold the bottle together, crush it, hold the lid tight and twist in a different way, break the bottle, waste the water and finally they see that the entire “jhund” is sweating!

Okay
They believe in following simple instructions. They just open the bottle of water and drink it. The main agenda in their lives is to move on. Been there done that, what next? Their only problem is they observe the people above them and get depressed as they don’t understand them.

I am sure there are many other characters that we encounter on a daily basis. Pause a moment and I am sure you can add more to this list! The best part is – you are in for a hearty laugh regardless of how each character might have ruined your day! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment