Wednesday, September 10, 2014

When in Love, You know it! Really?


“I am in Love” said Reena. Her eyes gleamed in such a way that it could melt anyone’s heart. Not because it was dramatic, but because she was cute. Oh wait, she was just too cute because she was just 14 years old. “You should meet him once aunty, you will definitely approve to my choice. He is so graceful and handsome. Oh look! There he comes” jumped Reena while her aunt was admiring the newly blossomed second love of Reena and Rakesh. They merrily joined hands and strolling. The scene was a sight to remember. “I am 35 and I never had a partner till now. Is something really wrong with me?” thought Ritu worriedly as she witnessed the spectacular love in the air moment. There were too many questions for which Ritu needed answers. Her heart felt really heavy and she decided to stop Reena. “Reena!” called out Ritu “Can I talk to you for a few minutes?”. Without batting an eye Reena walked towards Ritu, “Yes aunty?”. The word aunty echoed in Ritu’s head as she blurted out, “How did you find Rakesh? How does it feel to be in love?”. Shy Reena started explaining with a wide proud smile on her face “It all started when Rakesh posted a funny Bitstrip about Karthik. It made me laugh when I was depressed. You know, Karthik ditched me because I decided to change my relationship status to “in a relationship” when I was in love with him. I told him I won’t add his name in it. Still he got so furious. He didn’t want the world to know about it but I did. Well, Rakesh understood me more and made me laugh. He was Karthik’s senior in school. He kept poking me ha ha ha ha and ...” and continued Reena while Ritu was lost. She couldn’t understand a bit of the whole story let alone the Bitstrip part of it. She started worrying more. She wondered if she had stopped evolving. She was so close to having a panic attack when Reena completed her story “when in love you just know it”. After that conversation Ritu decided to delete her Facebook account which she rarely used. “When I was 14 I was happy with my friends and books that I had to hang out with. May be I missed the point but it is better not to know it” thought Ritu when an unknown man asked her “I think I have seen you somewhere” and she replied “Sorry, I am not available online anymore!”

No comments:

Post a Comment